BBC Surrey is proud to be the radio partner of this year’s Haslemere Festival.
Listen for updates on BBC Surrey Breakfast with James Cannon and Suzanne Bamborough, weekday mornings from 6-9am, and on BBC Surrey Drive at 5pm.
BBC Surrey broadcasts across the county on 104/104.6FM, online and on DAB Digital Radio.
Welcome to the Haslemere Festival
The arrival of the vaccines has allowed us to present most of our events this year.
Haslemere Arts Festival will be from 17th to 31st May, 2021. You can view the full Festival brochure by clicking here.
· Evening Concerts include Classical, Jazz, Folk, Opera, Choral, Dance Orchestra, Mates & Godfree
· Weekend and Family events include Little Lumpy Cycling Sportive, a scarecrow competition, and Julia Donaldson OBE of Gruffalo fame
· Anniversary Talks include Gilbert White (300 years), the decoding of the Rosetta Stone (200 years), Ralph Vaughan Williams, the Mystery of the Mary Celeste (both 150 years) the discovery of Tutankhamun’s tomb (100 years), the Partition of India (75 years) and more
· Weekday Topical Talks, speakers include Rt Hon Jeremy Hunt, Admiral Sir James Perowne, Rt Rev Dr Christopher Herbert, Professor Richard Bruce Parkinson
· Military History Talks include the WWI Battle of the Somme and the WW2 Pacific battles of the Coral Sea and Midway
Classic Car Tour and Show – we will not be able to run the Classic Car Tour and Show this year but we will be back next year on Sunday 29th May 2022.
· Sunday 29th May 2022 – please click here for more information.
Little Lumpy Cycling Sportive has been re-scheduled to Sunday 1st August 2021.
· Sunday August 1st 2021 – please click here to visit the Little Lumpy website for more details.
Haslemere Fringe Festival – has been postponed to 2022 because of the non-availability of the headline acts later this year.
· Friday 1st to Sunday 3rd July 2022 – on Lion Green; please click here for more details.
Haslemere Food Festival – will be on Lion Green on 18th September 2021; please click here for more details.
Haslemere Christmas Market – will run as usual in the High Street on the first Sunday in December – December 5th.
There is still some uncertainty about the restrictions that may be in place during the Arts Festival. It is very unfortunate that some of the concerts have had to be cancelled, largely because Covid restrictions have not allowed sufficient rehearsal time.
We are planning to run all the remaining events in the programme in person, or by Zoom online. We are sure you will welcome our efforts to re-start entertainment following the lockdown.
Hamish Donaldson, Chairman
How to book tickets
Festival Box Office
The box office is now open for online bookings. www.haslemerehall.co.uk
For telephone bookings, the box office will only be open for now on Wednesday mornings. From 17th May it will be open on weekdays 9am to 1pm.
Cheques should be made payable to Haslemere Hall.